Thursday, June 23, 2016

A mountain of Despair by Evan Moran

Climbing, Climbing. Falling, Drowning in my Fears. Trying to climb out again. I despair for myself.
Oh, a mountain of despair, a mountain of despair! How I despair.
I despair for the world, the people, and myself. Alas, I despair for the very universe!
I despair, oh, how I despair! I am sinking up to my head in expectations, the ones I set for myself.
Oh, the mounting dread! drowning in expectations, the ones I set for myself.
Oh, i'm falling, and failing, and with each fail it brings me farther away rather than coming closer to the top of the mountain so that I can start to bring it down.
My life! Oh, it is flashing before my eyes! Shades of green and blue, oh, I will die from my own faults.
I'm being crushed in expectations, drowned in fears, failing my goals.
Oh, a mountain of despair, a mountain of despair! I have been crushed and brought down at last by a mountain of despair.
Oh, how it clawed at my heart, sapped my strength, and when I took a piece off of it, I just made it worse. I kept fighting, but in the end I was defeated by the mountain of despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment