Thursday, June 23, 2016

The New Friend by Manisha Asrani

“Alina, go to sleep.” called my mom.
“Okay, mom. Let me just brush my teeth.” I told her back.
` Well, before I sleep, I will tell you a little bit about myself. As you know, my name is Alina. I am an only child and I live with my mom and dad in California. I have lived in California for my whole life. I am 11 years old and just started my year of middle school. So far, I am a straight A student, but that is only because I always study for tests. My favorite subject is math. Social studies and science are also very fun. My only friends are my 2 little bunnies, Peanut and Sugar. When I have free time, I make mazes for them, and they run through it. That is the basics about me. I hope tomorrow will be a good day.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! I sighed and turned off my alarm. Another day of school. I like school and everything. It’s just that there are a lot of bullies, and I always have a bad day. In fact, I have not had a day of school in which I was not pushed. As I got ready for the day and ate breakfast, I hoped I would have a good day at school. I guess hoping doesn’t really help in anything because at recess today, something really awful happened. Our playground is really tall, so I was sitting at the top and reading a really good book. Suddenly, these bullies came up and picked me up, then they threw me down. I was shocked for a second, but then realized what was going on. “AAAHHHHH,” I screamed as loud I could.” HEEEEEELP ME. Somebody, please help me.” The whole school came outside to see what was going on, but they were just looking at me, not helping. I yelled again, then finally some girl came out of the crowd and put her hands out as if she was going to catch me. That caught attention and the principal as well as a few teachers joined the girl and they caught me.
“Thank you,” I told the girl while my heart thumped very fast.
“ No problem,” she replied. “By the way, my name is Lola. Actually, I am new here and you are my next door neighbor.”
“What? How come I did not notice you?”
“I think you were late for the bus. My parents dropped me to school today, and when I was getting into the car, I saw you. Anyway, are you taking the bus home from school today. If you are we could sit next to each other.”
“ Of course. I finally have a friend.”
“Yea, we can be friends.”
“ Thanks again for helping me.”

On the bus ride home, we had a really good talk. So now we are best friends, I told my parents about her and they said. “We are glad you broke your little turtle shell.” I just laughed. The next day, no bullies bothered me at all. It’s mostly because they all got suspended, but I bet they would not bother me even when they come back, and it is all thanks to my new best friend, Lola.

No comments:

Post a Comment