Thursday, June 23, 2016

Cadabyr T2 1212 by Evan Moran

I woke fitfully from a dream about the thing I fear most. Death. I shook all over. I was terrified out of my mind. I thought about how I had died this time in my nightmare. the n I remembered. I had been locked in an eternal fight with death itself. No wonder I was shaken. I closed my eyes and thought about my appearence. My reflection appeared in my mind, that of an tall 15-year-old boy with a fair complexion, platinum-blond hair, and bright blue eyes. It was hard to tell that I was scared of anything from the outside,

thought to myself. You would have to dig deep inside. Though not too deep. I thought about my daily practice routine. No point putting it off. I grabbed my bow and slung it over my shoulder. I picked up my quiver and went outside. I couldn’t see abner anywhere. I knew that my brother detested my fortune. I was adopted, and my parents by adoption didn’t think that I could be in the fields, even though I was perfectly able. Oh well. I turned my back and walked into the woods.

***

I reached my secret tree and pulled the branch. It opened up and revealed a camouflaged green outfit. Quickly changing, I closed it up and set up the targets. I imagined that each one was a threat to my life. A murderous barbarian. Thwack. A pirate. Thwack. An enemy archer. Thwack. Thwack thwack thwack. A bear, a lion, and a jaguar. Suddenly, I had a strange feeling the others were in danger. I rushed out of the woods, and just as I took in the strange sight of abner hovering, surrounded in colored light, his eyes glowing the same color, when a green blast of light hit me, and I knew no more.

***

When I awoke, I was in a 50 foot hole in the ground. That’s odd, I thought to myself. I pulled out a grappling arrow and shot it, praying that it would latch onto something. It did! Pulling it tight, I climbed out. In the distance, I could see the family farm. Abner were not in sight. Bracing myself for the worst, I headed of for the farm in search of the him.

No comments:

Post a Comment