Friday, June 24, 2016

Murder Mystery by Beatrice Chillstrom

Though she was a great detective, Liz Magnhild  could not find sleep. The crime from that day was like a broken record, playing the same tear inducing thoughts over and over again. It was a bitter November morning in Germany when a man falls from the rooftop of a warehouse. It was first thought to be suicide but one bystander pointed out a bone chilling clue. They saw another person on the roof. It was murder. She was only 25, but Lis was a famed sleuth.  "The next week will be interesting" she thought as she rolled off to sleep.

Two days later...

The president of the law firm entered. "We know that the only person that works at the warehouse that was on roof that day was the janitor, but he was seen leaving at 2:00 am. The crime took place at 7:00. The other suspect is the manager. He is thought to have a grudge on the man who was killed. Bjorn Hasberry, aka the man who was killed, married the love of the manager's life. He has been bitter ever since. Those are who you will be interviewing today," the president said.

Lis was growing more intrigued by every passing second. "When will I begin? Who will I interview first?" Lis asked the president.

"It is 2:00, if I'm correct. So, you will begin in 15 minutes," said the president. He left he room. Lis was very confused. Why did he leave? Was he mad about the things she had said? Why didn't he answer her second question? She tried to push these questions to the side of her mind. She got her book and read. 15 minutes later the president came out.  "Miss Magnhild, please come in," he said as he gestured at the door.

She got up slowly watching him, her black silk dress flowing with her every movement.  Her gaze turned to the door. In seconds she could be in the presence of a murderer. She walked towards the door. The solemn gaze upon her beautiful face could not be forgotten. The president opened the door. She walked in and sat at the wooden and copper table. The person sitting across from her was a gruff figure. He had bright orange hair with piercing gray eyes. He had scruffy side burns and amazingly thick eyebrows. The president sat next to her. His stiff suit crackled as it reached the seat.  
"Hello. Who are you?" asked Lis.
 "I'm-"
 "He's Ivo, the janitor," the president interrupted rudely.
"Ivo, what was your relationship like with Bjorn?" Asked Lis.
"We were very close. And I am deeply saddened at the loss of Bjorn," said Ivo.
"Were you on the roof that day?" Asked Lis.
"I was but I left work five hours before the crime, and what reason do I have to kill Bjorn?" said Ivo.
"Just answer her stupid question!" said the president.
"I am completely outraged at that comment! If you interrupt me or say another word of bitterness I will leave and you will be sued for leaving the case unsolved," Lis said.
At this comment the president was completely stunned.
"If I were you I would keep those thoughts to myself," the president said. "Silly little girl," the president muttered under his breath.
Lis was hit in her heart with a ray of furry. She was disgusted with the president but she knew she had to solve the case.
"I'm so sorry Ivo what were you saying?" said Lis trying to be kind. She was terribly frustrated with the president.
"Nothing ma'am, if you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer them," said Ivo.
"No, I didn't say anything but thank you for coming," Lis said.
Ivo stood up and looked back at Liz. He was so shy. He would have liked to tell her that she looked beautiful. He wished he would have worked up the courage to ask her to dinner. He sadly walked away and out into the busy streets of Berlin.
The president talked into an old model of a walkie-talkie. "Send out the manager" said the president
 A clean shaven man walked in. He had platinum blonde hair and light green eyes. He wore a sly smile that had decided to nest on his vampire pale skin. His cherry tomato red lips looked like fireworks on his fair skin.
"Hello. What is your name?" Liz asked the manager.
"My name is a Mihail," said the manager.
"Mihail, I understand you and Bjord weren't very close," said Lis.
"No, we weren't. It all started when my friend here-"  he pointed to the president.
 "What! You’re friends with the president!" Lis interrupted.
"Yes! Well he set me up with this girl. I fell in love with her. All of a sudden Bjorn stepped in and stole my girl. Though I have to say I don't hate him so much that I would kill him. That sounds like something that would happen in the capital. This isn't the capital," said Mihail.
"Gentlemen may I stop you there. I believe I figured out the mystery."

Epilogue

"Well Ivo I'm so happy that those Greek business men are in prison. I can't believe that they thought that the capital is still Bonn. They changed that about 30 years ago," said Lis to her new boyfriend.
"Me too, I'm also happy that you didn't falsely accuse me of murder," Ivo said.
 Lis giggled lightly.
  

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment